Lake Powell 2008







Scott and I both grew up going to Lake Powell on Family Vacation, now we experience double the fun! Here are some of the quality things that happened at powell this summer...
-The Hale's sewage tank overflowed before the trip was over and the smell was, hmm... I'll leave it to your imagination because words don't do it justice.
-Annie lost her swimsuit bottoms while on a float...?
-Scott ran around with a handlebar mustache and speedo for way too long!
-I landed a handful of 180s:)
-The Taylors ran out of gas in the main channel carrying an additional 10 people more then the boats capacity.
-Garret missed the ranch and tried to use a shovel to paddle us in, luckily a Good Samaritan on a wave runner towed us in averaging about 2 miles an hour.
-I threw my mother in the lake clothes and all after she abruptly woke scott and I up (way too early in the morning) to join in the "family activities"!
-We made up the funnest water game it combines rules from cricket and baseball- it can be more fun then the water melon game (if you can imagine)
-At the end of the trip Scott and I had the job of getting the boat on the trailer, after we got it on we noticed a flat tire, so we had to put the boat back in the water and change the tire etc. (all in 100 degrees) When we finally got the boat back on the trailer for the 2nd time and started pulling it up the ramp the main strap that holds the boat to the trailer broke and the boat was bouncing up and down, gratefully we made it to the top then left it for my dad to fix:)
-Ah the joys of Powell!!!!

Comments

kristen said…
looks too dang fun rach! Camping trip anytime you are ready!
gabe-kristen@blogspot.com
Anonymous said…
SERIOUS JOYS!! Holy CRAP that sounds like fun...literally!! ha ha! I miss the Taylor "Family fun"!! Tell them I said Hello and I'm SOOO craving those Tacos BArkers right noW!! Miss you Poopsie!
Jen said…
I really miss the watermelon game with the taylor family! I'm determined to find that hole between Gunsight and Cookiejar this year. Looking at these pics got me so excited for Powell! Looks like fun!
Bryan and Allie said…
Sounds like your lake powell trip was eventful! You've always got to have something go wrong to make it memorable. Right? We miss you guys down in the Provo. How've ya been?
KO said…
Looks like a blast! We really need to get up to Pineview for a night run.

Popular Posts