Drop Side Cribs?

Can you believe all the "equipment" needed for a baby! Car seat, Carrier, Stroller, Crib, Highchair, Playpen, Changing table/dresser, monitor, clothes, bottles, pump, bjorn, hiking backpack....whew

I've purchased a couple of used baby items from my sister which I'm really happy about, but the big decision is whether or not to buy a new crib. Hers is a high end drop down crib and has done a great job for her three kids. I'm hesitant with all the scare about drop down cribs and Scott thinks it will be just fine since it's high quality wood/hardware.

What do you think?

Comments

Hannah said…
As long as the bars are close enough together it's just fine.... all of her kids survived, I am sure your little peanut will too:) This is so exciting!!
Lynette said…
A lot of manufacturers are making "kits" to turn drop down cribs into...not-drop-down cribs. Basically, it's a screw so the side doesn't go down anymore. You could buy your own and fix it. But really, I'm sure it will be fine as well. I think a lot does depend on the quality of the crib.
Walker Fam said…
There have been a ton of recalls on drop down cribs so I would find out if that make/model is one of them by looking online and if it is find out why!
Jenny said…
Check with the manufacturer; I'm pretty sure all drop side cribs have been recalled, so most companies have a little fix-it kit. Ours is a nice one too, and we were still able to recreate the issue when we tried. Not sure a baby could, but better safe than sorry. I would just get the kit to be safe.

PS Love the name you picked out and I'm cracking up that you were called "baby" for two months! LOL!

Popular Posts