Back Tracking into 3rd Trimester
One of the highlights of pregnancy were our weekend hikes and late night walks. Scott would get off work around eleven then dutifully take me on a walk. I feel really lucky to have such a selfless guy, even during his busy season at work.
We followed a deer trail and found this waterfall. Pretty cool, until one of my feet broke through the iced over stream while taking a picture. Gave us a good laugh.
I think this was up Muller Park Canyon
Scott painted the nursery and I love how it turned out. I'll post more pics when I get around to finishing the room.
This picture was taken on a hike up elephant rock. Our pace was really, really slow and we didn't quite make it to the top, but it was sure fun and check out the view!
Hike up Centerville Canyon. My awesome and handsome workout coach while pregnant!
He tried to get me to follow him on this trail above his parents house, but once it turned into straight ICE I thought it unwise to continue being 7 months pregnant! Man Thinking...sigh
I finally agreed to go on a night hike on the mountain side. Scott has been asking me to do this since we got married, but I am a scardy cat when it comes to the dark (more like the creatures in the dark). Funny that I finally agreed in such a vulnerable state, but hey we had bear mace on us. The view of the valley and temple was stunning and I felt perfectly safe.
This was taken on a really cool hike we found in Sun Valley.
Scott was gone for a couple of weeks in December, January and February! Bad timing. I spent Valentines and our anniversary alone which was really rough considering I was pregnant, home alone, and my BP was getting worse by the day. Luckily I got to join him in Sun Valley for a weekend. He worked most of the time, but we did sneak in some walks and delicious dinners.
I started going in for Non Stress Testing twice a week and my Dr. grew more concerned about my rising blood pressure. Around week 34 I was diagnosed with Pre-eclampsia and put on bed rest. In hind sight I wish I would've followed my bed rest instructions better.
Here are the results of water retention and a 56 lbs gain! I was really confused and a bit worried about all the weight, my legs, feet, chest, and face were getting so big and swollen!
Only 8 days after having the baby I had lost over 35lbs. of water weight. Never felt skinnier!!!! For days after Adelaide was born I would vainly stare at my ankles and feet and think they were the most beautiful feet I had ever seen;)
I started going in for Non Stress Testing twice a week and my Dr. grew more concerned about my rising blood pressure. Around week 34 I was diagnosed with Pre-eclampsia and put on bed rest. In hind sight I wish I would've followed my bed rest instructions better.


Comments