Scott's Hiking Dream Come True

For the last six months I have been chasing a busy toddler around, been pregnant and often sick, all the while trying to maintain a liveable home, calling, relationships, etc.  To say the least blogging has been on the back burner! I could use some tips from other women who I know can accomplish twice as much as I do, and they still do their hair.  Anyways, here is the latest thing worth posting about.

Our first few years of marriage Scott was very persistent in asking me to go on a night hike with him, as I have been afraid of the dark (outside) since I was a child I was very reluctant to go, but after my first taste of a night hike I was hooked.  However, still nervous of what was lurking behind that bush, but nothing a can of Bear Mace didn't solve. With some crazy late work hours, night hiking became one of our favorite ways to connect and still get some great exercise. When Adelaide came along we just packed her with us and luckily she also loves night hiking.

On our hikes we have seen many bright green glowing eyes (deer) that have been pretty fun to find in the trees, moose mamas and babies, I also nearly stepped on a huge rattle snake just a month ago, and we often hear owls hooting. All exciting things if you are a nature lover (minus the snake). Our latest encounter came as quite the surprise as it is such a rare sighting. Scott's parents had accompanied us on one of our favorite trails to see the fall leaves, and as usual it was dark by the time we were heading back down the trail.  With our headlights on, I was enjoying trail chat and scanning the trees for glowing eyes to show Adelaide.  Sure enough close to the bottom of the trail I did see a pair of glowing eyes, assuming it was a deer I kept my light on the animal until we got close enough to see it. Much to my surprise it wasn't a deer....


 Perhaps the picture doesn't do the cat justice, this cat was huge, much bigger then the zoo cats!

 Here are my favorite hiking companions.  They are also my favorite people in the whole world.
 I love that Adelaide knows how to use the camel back nozel, she is a clever little girl.

Comments

Hale-O-There said…
That was an amazing hike with spectacular views, non so spectacular as the close up encounter with Utah's top wild predator. That sure was a thrill a minute. Love you and hope that our night hiking adventures are just beginning!
Steve and Kalli said…
That is Steve's dream too! He was soooo jealous about you all seeing a cougar!
We must have been out of our minds to hang around taking pictures for TWENTY minutes! Whatever my life with Brent has or hasn't been, it hasn't ever been boring! The hike really was beautiful . . . thanks for inviting us along.
Laura Essig said…
Logan and I LOVED this post.. Seriously that is crazy.. what a find!!
I haven't checked your blog in so long, and now that I do.. you have a baby!!! She's beautiful, I love her hair. Hope all is well!!

Popular Posts