Brief description of the 4th of July

Is it really possible that I don't have any pictures for one of the best days of the year! Scotty and I had way too much fun on the 4th. We went to the parade (water section) and got in a huge water fight with the Taylor crowd, strangers, and Loni and Tyler. Then we went to the pool for the "whoever shows up BBQ and swim party." The pool was packed all afternoon and it was a great swim. I threw my mother in with her clothes since she ditched the water fight earlier. The Hales stayed after the BBQ and we had dinner and went to the fireworks at DHS. (The best fireworks ever) I always feel so blessed to live in America, but on the 4th that feeling is very present. By the time we made it back home I was exhausted, but the party has to last as long as possible...so a bunch of friends came to the pool to make smores. While the boys played a mean game of water basketball the girls chatted around the fire. Does it get any better then this?

Comments

beck said…
that sounds so fun! wish i lived closer to you!
We had such a great time at the bbq/poolfest, Rachel. I brought my camera but forgot to take pictures also. Too bad . . . that was pretty funny watching you haul Reva into the pool. She was a good sport! Love ya, Sandra
Steve and Kalli said…
Wow. Your 4th was so much more exciting than ours! Lucky! I only have to disagree with one thing-- I think the Boston fireworks are the best!
good times rach!! so when is this supposed get together of ours going to take place??? keep me posted!:)

Popular Posts