Feeling Happy

For some odd reason, when everything is saying I should be feeling blue I feel extremly happy. Go figure. I usually feel "blah" in January, but this last month I've been really happy maybe we'll make this the new winter trend.

The "everything" list
1- We moved
2- Rearranging my teaching schedule
3- Finding a new place to teach
4- Finding a place to store our furniture
5- Polution *Inversion *Cloudy days *Holiday let down month
6- Hormone pills since a month before my surgery
7- Getting fat from the pills
8- Going up two sizes in jeans from the pills
9- Having the worst periods of my life from the pills
10- Headaches from quitting the pills a few days ago
11- Scotts family dog dying
12- etc...

Why I figure "everything" turned out okay
1- We have never had an elders quorum help us move. Our number one mover is Jord Walker and our number two mover was out for an injury, so most of it was Scotty and I. I felt like crying tears of joy when Jord showed up to help us. How do you repay a brother in law that has helped you move six times?! I'll come up with something.
2&3- Miraculously a lady that charges a small rental fee is letting me use her violin shop to teach out of until we find a house.
4- A storage unit would cost $100. a month, but my sweet sister let us store our stuff at her place free of charge and her husband helped us unload it all.
5- Went boarding on Sat where the air is clear and the sun was shining!
6- Thanks to the pills my uterus can heal a lot faster and I can have children.
7&8- If you are never overweight it isn't that exciting to loose weight. Now I have that many more pant sizes to drop and a great excuse to go shopping when it happens;)
9- skip.
10- skip.
11- I think death allows people to comfort each other and themselves.
12- Scott is my rock, he is my sunshine on cloudy days. Despite that he is in the middle of busy season and has work up to his chin, he still puts me first. He gets around 5 hours of sleep at night and never complains. He smiles when I'm onery, makes me belly laugh regularly, and turns the other cheek when people are rude to him. I am so blessed to have such a man in my life. Perfect? Na, he farts in my space with no shame, pees in the shower, hits snooze ten times each morning, and licks my cheek to annoy me.

Comments

kristen said…
so cute rach. You are. I loved that post. My life seems better since I got to see you. I love you and am glad that you are feeling happy!
beck said…
wow rach! a lot going on! we do need to talk. i will call you tonight!
Loni and Tyler said…
i totally loved that post Rach! I just love you and I love that Scott pees in the shower... men...!
Rach, this one just made me laugh out loud (item #12 in the why things worked out list is just priceless). Great post. Love ya. Sandra
Thurston Fam said…
that is so hard when a dog dies. they are apart of family! I love "bye for now" I have voice mails saved on my phone from Grandpa. Soooo sweet! Your amazing, you make me feel special with 2 posts on my comments!
Thurston Fam said…
bless Scotts heart for comforting you when you have these physco-woman pills. Love you
Kiera Dorius said…
Oh my you make me laugh! Don't you just hate hormones!!
Unknown said…
I'm glad you're "everything" list didn't consume you. I think you've been downright pleant. It's great having you guys back. I'm sorry my brother licks your face. If it makes you feel better, he used to hold me down and let his spit drip in my face.
The Walkers said…
Ha ha! The above comment was from me, not dad.

Popular Posts