Life's Lessons

I wrote a pretty upset post a couple weeks ago, luckily it only lasted until I regained rational thought. Thankfully I've got a husband to remind me once in awhile what are inside words.

Life throws blows to us and the ones we love, but the best part about those blows is in the aftermath. God doesn't ever leave us to clean up the mess if we ask for help. I am truly amazed how God steps in everytime something hard happens, He is so aware.

I thought I knew my sister in and out, but then as I've watched her struggle through the betrayal and dishonesty of her husband and best friend having an affair I have learned so much more about her. She is greater then I would expect of anyone in her situation. After the onset of the news most of us wanted to do awful things and say awful things to the offenders, but she was so patient and really kind to her stinkn' huband. It is so hard to see the innocent cry, but I know God will help her and her kids, as time passes she will find blessings coming out of this mess. I have been so amazed by the kindness of her neighbors and ward. On a friday night a neighborhood couple brought over a punching bag as a gift, it made us all laugh and was great entertainment for the boys. Dinners, Calls, Letters, Support, Visits, Groceries... There is not much more remarkable then the Relief Society in action. Joseph Smith carried out something unstopable. There is a conference talk that seemed to bring me a lot of peace and clear thought during the first couple weeks of this mess it is by Elder Holland called the "Grandeur of God." Worth listening to even a few times over.

Comments

Mandy said…
Rach - I am so sorry your family is having to go through all of that. We just went through it with my sister in law. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. It's so tough. I'm so glad that your sister has such a great ward and family to support her. Hang in there.
Sweet post, Rach. I didn't see the original but I'm ASSUMING that this is a vastly toned down version! Love ya, Sandra
Hannah said…
I love your blogging Rachel, you are a great writer and always write about things of the heart. I know that this is something you feel strongly about (as I would too!) Your sister is lucky to have you... hang in there!
Thurston Fam said…
pune, ha ha, I saw the original so this is much more toned down! ha ha I love you. MY prayers are with Clyite in this hard time! Love her!

Popular Posts