Plan B

Interesting that a couple weeks ago at church the only thing I payed attention to was a quote that said something like, "To be happy in life get good at handling plan B" I leaned over to Scott and said, "with each additional child in a family you add a letter onto that. We are now starting into the plan B stuff."

Plan A
Yesterday I had no work and no obligations. Scott was coming home that night from a two week audit trip, so I planned to sleep throughout the day, have a romantic dinner ready for his arrival (celebrate Valentines and our anniversary all in one) and then go to his friends bday party. Sounds awesome huh!

Plan B
Friday I woke up with my eyes swollen shut, my feet were balloons, wedding ring was stuck on, and my blood pressure had risen almost ten points in 24 hours. After a couple of hours I got my ring off and my face started to unswell. But the Dr. had me go into the hospital to get a bunch of testing done. From 3-7 I hung out at the hospital getting pricked and prodded. But the baby was fine during the stress test and my blood work was normal. I'm collecting 24 hours of pee and I have one more round of blood tests. So what is with the instant rise in blood pressure? It's all a bit unnerving. And as far as my discomfort goes the worst complaints I have are headaches and a constant pain up under my left ribs (that I am pretty sure isn't the baby).

Scott did get home last night and I was so happy I cried. His friendly smile and fuzzy beard nearly melted my heart. I can't help but love my husband. We did end up going to his friends party which had everything a good party needs= good people, good food, and good conversation. So at the end of the day my little family was all happy.

It's five am and I still can't sleep, maybe the baby's night routine won't be so bad; lol!

Comments

Kade & Jess said…
I'm so sorry! That is no fun at all. And laying in those hospital beds for observation is the worst! They need better tv, movies or a gaming system or something. I think that quote is the best thing I have heard in a while! Good luck!
Hannah said…
That was sooo fun to see you! I am happy Scott made it home and everything was okay. You are on my mind with the baby so close to arrival... she will be here before you know it!! Xoxo
mks said…
good luck with the last bit! what a cute couple you are

Popular Posts