Tubeless Tires Here I Come!

My new bike as of last summer has tubeless tires. While on a camping trip last Aug I got a flat. Being completely unprepared I didn't have sealant, or a compressor and I wasn't really sure how to pump up a tubeless tire. Scott wasn't about to forfeight our biking trip, he tried sealing my tire with soapy water, gatorade, and last but not least tree sap! We never got the tire to seal. Yesterday we pulled out our bikes and I had two flats. We tried to get my tires to seal using a compressor and sealant, still it wasn't working. We did all sorts of tricks we read about on the internet and nothing was working. I needed to learn a more effective way to get my tire to seal, so I took it to the shop to see how they do it. Unfortunately they could only get one tire to fill, and I was determined not to spend $50-100 on a new tire, so I took my flat tire home and cleaned it out thoroughly. I tried my best to mimmick the set up at the bike shop, I had to get the tire in the air so I could use the compressor while rotating the tire around the metal. Persistence pays off, after an hour of trying it sealed!


My sweet contraption: a broom, a couple hitches, and a shoe rack all delicately placed and not to be bumped! What you can't see is the hair elastic that is holding the compressor handle so it's constantly on, and the bobby pin that unclogged my sealant funnel. Girl products come in handy!


My bike is almost ready to ride!!!! hooray!

Comments

Rach, You're awesome, and pretty handy.
This is just too cool! Resourcefulness, thy name is Rachel! Love, Sandra

Popular Posts