The Tailbone Procedure dun dun dun.....

I first broke my tailbone when I was in 6th grade ice blocking with the YM of our ward. Of course I was a show off and went off the steapest hill at happy hollow with the boys and unfortunately I hit a jump that I couldn't see from the top (the jumps at happy hollow always sneak up on you) I got some air and landed back on the ice block. I was then in bed for 11 days. The Dr. said there wasn't any procedure for a broken tailbone.

The second time I busted my already busted tailbone was in the summer of 2005 at Lake Powell with the Weinert family. I was cliff jumping with Sarah's cousins we started at about 35 ft and then one person would go a little higher and dare the other to go off it. Classic peer pressure comment, "If you go, I'll go." I gave in and I don't know if it was because I had been cliff jumping off of huge cliffs most my life, or if it was because I thought Sarah's cousin was hot. Either way we ended up around 75 ft. we measured it by tying ski ropes together. When I jumped a wind burst came up and I got off balance. Next thing I knew my tailbone was burning with pain. I went to a chiropractor who said there wasn't much he could do and that I would probably have to have my babies C section and if they could make it out vaginally it would hurt worse than labor. Thanks for the great information -not

The last and recent time I broke my tailbone was with Scott snowboarding. I was on a groomed trail that connects to the board park at Brighton. An easy trail that you have to get a little speed on. It was really icy and I was going too fast when a boarder in front of me fell and I had to hurry and turn and I caught a hard edge. I can't believe it was on such a easy stupid trail. Why couldn't I have at least hit a tree in the powder after an exhilarating run??? Of course the Doctors said you can let it heal broken or surgically remove it.

THE GREAT NEWS:
There is a procedure for the tailbone. I got an x ray and my tailbone is pretty messed up. I went to a chiropractor today and he hopefully fixed it. I am used to my OB sticking her finger up my holes in the lower region, but when the Chiro has to stick his finger up your bum hole and wiggle around your tailbone you really hope it works! For all you future tailbone breakers, there is hope, there is a procedure out there!

ps I don't cliff jump anymore!
pss One common component is that I was always with boys when getting hurt- boys are such risk takers!

Comments

Sarah Flint said…
Lake Powell that year was SO MUCH FUN!! You should come with me again. :) I'm sorry about your tailbone, that totally bites. Call me when you're bored!
The Walkers said…
Oh my. I do not envy you. The procedure sounded like a form of Middle Eastern torture. You might need that donut pillow for a while.
Loni and Tyler said…
YOU BE CAREFUL RACH!!!! We don't have plans that I know of yet. We would love to do a game night or something for sure!!! Call me if that works for you! Tell Scott happy b-day whenever it was! (Saw it on laura's blog!)
Steve and Kalli said…
Wow Rach. That sounds terrible. I don't think I want to know anything else about that procedure because it could make me sick! You poor girl, you have terrible luck with that tailbone!
kristen said…
whoosh Rach! I just had a baby and I think i would rather do that all over again as opposed to whatever procedure it was that you were talking about. A finger in the bum hole always equals bad news.
Jillian said…
I hope the procedure worked too! You definitely don't want to do that again! Good luck house hunting. Hopefully you guys will find something soon and all the fun will be a thing of the past. :)
Lynette said…
Rach that seriously sucks! I'm glad Scott is taking good care of you, even if he did pass out!

Popular Posts