Unpredictable Anniversarys

Our first year anniversary we had a great plan to get away and go snowboarding, but we both ended up in bed sick with the flu. The worst flu we've ever had! We took cell phone pics our pale faces and sent messages to our family saying, "Here lies Scott and Rachel Hale. They died miserably of the flu on their first year anniversary."

Last month Scott was put on an audit job Sun Valley ID, fortunately I was able to join him Friday-Monday which enabled us to celebrate our 2nd year anniversary together. We decided to try out X country skiing (skate style). Word on the street is that anyone can do classical X country skiing, but skate style takes more work and technique. I spent our first afternoon belly laughing at Scott attempting the skis. He wanted to go from first timer to pro in one hour, so as you can imagine he was so funny to watch! We ventured out on a few alpine trails and had a great time skiing together. It was very serene and exhilarating. We skied by day and watched Lord of the Rings by night.

Imagine this: X country skiing on a snow packed trail, pine trees, a little stream, and majestic mountains on either side of you, all while listening to the "Dances with Wolves" soundtrack...Does it get any better?







Comments

Steve and Kalli said…
It looks like cross country skiing would be fun, and like you guys had a great time. I liked scott's beginner video, haha!
KO said…
Happy 2 years! What a fun way to celebrate. Let's play soon.
beck said…
you guys are so fun and adventurous! I love it!

and p.s. I would love it if you would come visit me! I might be coming to SLC the end of this month. . . i will def call you. and no i am not dating shane anymore . . . long story of course . . .:) i am happy though so don't worry! love you!
Janel said…
What a fun anniversary! I loved all the videos.

Popular Posts